Rice Pudding is a family favourite of ours. It makes a wonderful dessert or a great breakfast!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 7 cups milk
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Combine sugar, milk, salt and rice in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 325F.
- Remove from oven, stir in raisins and vanilla. Cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with desired amount of cinnamon, cover and allow to sit until the pudding thickens.
- Serve warm or chill in the fridge over night.