Last night I wanted a quick and easy supper and needed to use up some left overs. I came up with the following recipe that is now a family favorite!
Creamy Potatoes and Pork
- 4 TBS butter
- 4TBS flour
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cups milk
- 7 pounds potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups cubed cooked pork (or other meat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peal and slice potatoes, boil until tender.
- In a pot melt butter, add onions and fry until tender.
- Whisk in flour, pepper and salt until well combined.
- Pour in milk stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from head and stir in cheese, potatoes and pork.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake until bubbly.
- This dish freezes very well. Divide into freezer containers and thaw in the fridge. Reheat at 350 F until heated through.