I’m canning the peas we picked from the garden. This is so easy to do!
- 1/2 tsp salt per pint jar, 1 tsp salt per quart jar
- Shell your peas.
- Fill your jars with peas leaving 1 inch of head space.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt per pint jar/ 1 tsp of salt per quart jar (optional)
- Cover peas with hot/boiling water.
- Wipe rims and put lids on.
- Place in the canner and put canner lid on.
- Turn heat up high and let steam vent out of the canner for 10 min.
- Place weight on canner. Once weight starts jiggling adjust heat to get a slow, steady rocking. Set timer for 40 minutes for pints or quarts.
- After timer goes off turn of the heat, let canner vent. Once all pressure has been released wait an additional 20 min.
- Then remove weight and lid. Place jars on a towel to cool, let sit for 24 hours.