Sunday afternoon we were busy in the gardens again. We tilled up the garden patch a second time. Then we raked the sod clumps out. Normally the front garden isn’t bad for weeds, but we had such nice weather early in the season that they started growing early.
Hubby bought rolls of landscape fabric that was 3 feet wide by 100 feet long. He found a good deal on them for only $10 each. We will be getting some more! We cut them in half, giving us 200 feet for the same price, can’t beat that! We laid out the first strip, using bricks to hold the ends down. Then had our little ones help hold the edges down so we could rake the soil over them. That will keep the fabric held down well. We are planning to use a living mulch in this garden plot, so we used the width of our push lawn mower to space the rows. We need to put down two more rows of landscape fabric then there will be enough for the tomatoes and peppers.
We are supposed to get lower temperatures Wednesday and Thursdays night so we are using our floating row/frost covers to protect the plants.