It’s been raining and windy here for the past few weeks. It’s perfect time for comfort food to cheer up the gloom. So I decided to surprise the little ones with baked apples for a snack!
- 6 Cooking apples
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tsp butter
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1 cup water (or apple juice or apple cider)
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir well. Mix in raisins.
- Wash and core your apples, leaving the bottoms whole.
- Fill apples with filling mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Top with 1 tsp of butter per apple.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 350F.
- Pour sauce from the baking tray into a pot, bring to a boil. Boil gently for abt 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over top of apples.